Interview Exclusive! Kristy Lin Billuni on Sexy Grammar

You would never have thought grammar could be sexy, usually it triggers the exact opposite response.

Kristy Lin Billuni, The Sexy Grammarian, convinced us other wise! We want to introduce you to the concept of sexy grammar and to do so we went straight to the source. Read on to find out how grammar can be sexy and what it can do for your relationship in our lusty interview with Kristy.

* * *

As her editing business grew, Kristy Lin Billuni sensed parallels in her teaching work and her sexy roots. Writers liked her naughty grammar lessons and responded to the sexual metaphor she applied to the art of writing. Her clients helped her recognize that her unique combination of skills offered a fun and easy approach to writing. She embraced the idea and in 2003 launched Sexy Grammar. You can connect with The Sexy Grammarian on Facebook and Twitter.

Kristy has also taught a how-to class at Good Vibrations, danced at the world-famous Lusty Lady, developed sex health curriculum for Stanford Medical School, and posed for the infamous photographer Charles Gatewood.

What is Sexy Grammar and how did it start? 

Sexy Grammar is a stimulating way for adults to learn grammar rules and writing skills like when to use lay or lie and how to write an effective newsletter. It’s also the name of my company. I’m a teacher and a writer, and I help clients finish their writing projects. I’ve been at if for 10 years, but I haven’t always called my company Sexy Grammar.

The only subject I’ve been teaching longer than I’ve been teaching writing is sex. When my writing services company started growing, I began to see parallels in my teaching work. My writing clients loved concepts I brought from teaching sex: understanding climax in orgasm and plot and undressing sentences to their stark, nude cores. I also found that creatives, whose eyes glazed over at grammar lessons, got engaged when I used dirty words in my examples.

At the same time, I worried about my professional identity online. If you googled me in 2003, you might have read a story about my activist stunt to float the World’s Biggest Vulva down Market Street or you might link to my writing services website. I felt I needed to hide the sex expert-Kristy from my writing clients.

I’m grateful to author and longtime client Drew Banks for sharing his expertise as a marketing guru. Drew showed me that my integrated identity, which included the sex work and sex ed as well as the editing and teaching writing, was my most valuable asset. When I embraced the sexual metaphor in my writing approach and named my company Sexy Grammar, my business took off.

How can people use Sexy Grammar to enhance their love lives? 

Sex and writing are both about self-expression. I believe that the principles that help people have better sex--let loose, be specific, lubricate—can help people become better writers. Whether you practice these skills in bed or at the writing desk, you’re going to be more turned-on, engaged, and creative. I think great writers almost always make great lovers and vice versa.


What is your favorite part about working in the world of sex?


I’ve noted one common thread among the radically diverse people I've met working in sex education, sexy writing, erotica, and the sex industry. We’re all dedicated to creativity and self-expression. Those are values I love sharing, and they keep me motivated in my work with writers every day.

What's next for you (your business, practice) over the next 6-12 months?

We just launched a new brand look and website in August, and in 2013 Sexy Grammar will celebrate 10 years in business. We believe there’s never been a more exciting time to be a writer, so we’re also celebrating the worldwide web’s writing renaissance and its opportunities for writers everywhere to express themselves and find an audience.

---

Would you like to join an amazing lineup and do an interview with GetLusty? E-mail rachael@getlusty.com to get started!
You have read this article advice / for couples / interview / sexy with the title Interview Exclusive! Kristy Lin Billuni on Sexy Grammar. You can bookmark this page URL http://lamentoeternal.blogspot.com/2012/09/interview-exclusive-kristy-lin-billuni.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...